Clicky

levelbest
I am using HoudahSpot for lots of things but right now I use it mainly for looking for photos and graphics. I use the middle view selection for this, view the image as opposed to view as list.

I get tired eyes looking at all the bright white background and I would hope to suggest that making the option of a middle to dark grey background would be something that would interest others as well.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
steve4640
I do a lot of image searching as well and would consider darker background options a good feature, too.
0 0
levelbest
Yes. I use HS all the time now. It has become a favorite app. Not meant as negative criticism, but the colors are a little boring. It still looks more like a search management tool - a bit bare bones looking, than the really nice document management tool it really is. Some of us are patiently waiting and hoping that there will be an option for a dark background, some day.

In the mean time I will continue to use HS with enthusiasm and with  pleasure, if not with total satisfaction.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

With HoudahSpot 3.5.4 you can set the background color of the grid view using a hidden preference. I don't like what the result looks like, but you might like it.

[CODE]defaults write com.houdah.HoudahSpot gridBackgroundColorWhite 0.333[/CODE]

The number value can be between 0.0 (black) and 1.0 (white).

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Jono
That's excellent, thanks. But it would help to change the text below for the file names to white when a dark background is used. It does that in Leap if you change the background to a dark colour. It becomes hard to see the text at the moment. 
0 0
gavind
.22 setting looks good here. Thanks a lot for the feature update. 
0 0
levelbest

I need more information please. Where do I set this code? I cant find it inside HS Packages, nor in Preferences... Where will I find this code snippet please?

Here's hoping a future edition will allow (easy) background and text color adjustments by the user.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=houdah]Hi!
With HoudahSpot 3.5.4 you can set the background color of the grid view using a hidden preference. I don't like what the result looks like, but you might like it.
[CODE]defaults write com.houdah.HoudahSpot gridBackgroundColorWhite 0.333[/CODE]
The number value can be between 0.0 (black) and 1.0 (white).
Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
[/QUOTE]
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The above command needs to be entered in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app while HoudahSpot is not running. Submit the command by hitting return.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
levelbest
I can't believe it took me so long to try this suggestion. Thanks. It looks much better grey.

And, I keep as many saved searches as I can in the pop out menu bar but there is no way to put them in folders or categorize my saved searches so I, once again, and very polity, ask STRONGLY for a way to save multiple searches, and have them in one window. Or at least, a way to save many searches with folders, categorizing, etc. - Thanks again
0 0