Clicky

MWDF
I keep reading all kinds of broken information online about the Sony GPS-CS1.

I am using Leopard 10.5.5, and I read that you need Leopard 10.5.3 to use the GPS-CS1. But, I dont know if that information was written when 10.5.3 was the newest, or if 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 broke the GPS-CS1 compatibility again.

So simply put, I have a MacBook Air (so obviously Intel), and am looking for a GPS that is available off-the-shelf in Belgium. The GPS-CS1 is my best bet. I have 2 business days to find a GPS tracker before my trip. Will the Sony work for me or should I drive several hours to Holland for the Amod 3080 (assuming the store replies to me saying they have it in stock for me to pick up)??

Alternatively, are there any relatively low cost Garmin units that would make good trackers? Something like a Garmin GPSMap 60?? I dont know anything about handheld GPS units, but I will be travelling from Hungary to Switzerland over the course of a week, so want to track my photos. Probably using the camera for about 3 or 4 hours a day and want to track the photos. I can dump them all to my computer at night and charge things up.

Thanks!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The latest news I have is that Mac OS X 10.5.3 restored compatibility which was broken for quiet some time. I have not tested this myself.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
MWDF
Merci Pierre, I am seeing you are my neighbor to the south

I am also able to get locally the Qstarz BT-Q1000P (I believe this is the new version of the BT-1000) -- do you know if this product is compatible with Mac for use with Houdah? It is available in Antwerpen for 100 euro, so that would certainly save me some time and effort.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

As long as you can find software to extract GPX or NMEA track logs from the device, it can be used for automatic geocoding in HoudahGeo.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0