Clicky

MindStorm
I just purchased a Wintec today and did a short quick walk of maybe 15 minutes to shoot 2 pictures on my Canaon 5D MKII today as a test.

I dragged my CR2 images onto HG and see them in red.  I then told HG to load from a GPS device.  It found my Wintec on Bluetooth and loaded 2 tracks, which is correct (one last night when loading the device, and one today for the short walk test).

My HG main window does not show any latitude / longitude / altitude information for the pictures though, and they remain in red (with a valid timestamp).

I have tried dragging the GPS track to the main window, loading the GPS again, etc. There does not seem to be any connection between the GPS and images though.

Is there another step I am missing?

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for your interest in HoudahGeo.

Please make sure you specified the correct camera time zone when importing the images.

Please verify that the images' timestamps fall within the ranges covered by the tracks as seen in the Track Inspector.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
MindStorm
I am not sure how to see the time range of the GPS track.  It only shows the starting time for each track.

However, it is entirely possible that my test was simply too short, both in time and distance traveled, since it was just a quick step outside during lunch for a couple of shots after the GPS indicated it had acquired the satellite.

I will be doing a real photo shoot at a bird sanctuary this weekend, and will give another test after that shoot.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

The track inspector window has a "begins" and "ends" columns. These describe the range covered by the tracks.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
MindStorm
I did an afternoon shoot today, and HG worked perfectly.  My earlier problem was apparently just a too-short shoot without enough GPS info.

I do have another question on LightRoom, but I will post that in another thread to keep the topics properly separated.

Oh yeah, based on tonight's test, I bought a HG license.

0 0