Clicky

Ward
Tembo's search results window shows groups of results, with the ability to see all results for a specific group by clicking the small right-arrow button at the end of group name bar.

I just did a search that showed four groups, with counts of 10, 69, 1 and 2 results. It was easy to see the second group was showing only some of the 69 results. Likewise, it was clear that all results were shown for the last two groups.

The first group was unclear. Was I seeing all 10 results or just the first 9? I had to count to make sure. (I could have also clicked the right-arrow button to find out.)

Suggestion: to avoid missing results when all but 1 or 2 is shown, provide an explicit indication when a group has results that are hidden from view.

My first thought was to change the color of the right-arrow button. But that would be quite subtle. It should really be something that can't be missed. For example, changing the group background to light pink would be hard to miss ... and perhaps too distracting.

-- Ward
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The grouped lists shows up to 10 items per group. 

Thus the arrow will reveal additional results for any group that has more than 10 results.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l. 
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Ward
[QUOTE=houdah]The grouped lists shows up to 10 items per group.  Thus the arrow will reveal additional results for any group that has more than 10 results.[/QUOTE]
Every group has a results arrow, even a group with just one item.

My concern is that Tembo's current display puts the responsibility on the user to determine if there are hidden results:

1. Notice that the count is more visible items.

2. Know that 10 is the maximum number of items in a group in the main window. I suspect I'm not the only one who didn't know that 10 is a magic number.

What I'm seeking is a clear indicator that "there are more results if you click the right-arrow button."

One colored background I suggested earlier is not ideal because it requires knowing what it means. I also considered removing the right-arrow button when all results are shown; that has clearer meaning, but it eliminates the ability to look at just a single group.

-- Ward
0 0
houdah
Hi!

What I was saying is that _once_ you know that Tembo only displays 10 results, you will see any number higher than 10 as an indicator that more results are available.

You are right that not everyone will know this right away.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0