Clicky

jelson
Hi,

I'm looking for a workflow solution and I'm hoping this product will work for me.  I'm looking at a potential project at work, where we will be surveying approximately 13,000 residential properties.   
There will be two final products.  
1. A spreadsheet with a link to all pictures taken, and the street address (along with other GIS type data).  
2. A kmz file (or several if one is too large), that contains a link to the pictures.  
If I wasn't dealing with the first deliverable, this product would be all I need.  With the first deliverable however, my projected workflow is as follows:
a.  While surveying each property, I plan on taking a picture, and immediately downloading it to a laptop using EOS utility.  (this allows the link to the computer, and immediate download into iPhoto)
b. Also while surveying the property, we would log our GPS location with a gps logger, possibly WBT-201.  I like this logger, because we could attach it to our survey GPS (rather than our camera) to obtain a more accurate location.
b. Once in iPhoto, add a keyword which contains the address of the property.
c. Once the day is over, and we have surveyed several hundred properties, I would like to run houdah to add geocoding to the photos already residing in iPhoto using the gps log.  This is the step I need to verify is possible with houdah.
d. From here, I would be able to export to a spreadsheet the data I need using another piece of software, and also export to kmz using your software.

Thanks for the help.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am not sure what your exact question is.

I would suggest you use your GPS device to create a waypoint at each property. It would be best if you had a device with a screen, which allows you to name your waypoint.

You may also want to experiment with CSV export from HoudahGeo. This can easily be imported into a spreadsheet application.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jelson
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the long, confusing explanation.  The short version of my question is can HoudahGeo match GPS track logs to photos that are already in iPhoto?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Yes, indeed HoudahGeo integrates very well with iPhoto.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0