Clicky

dewarner
My workflow for tagging my photos involves using the JOBO PhotoGPS and its software.  It reads the .CR2 RAW files from my Canon cameras and creates .XMP side car files with the data.  When I import the .CR2 files into Houdahgeo, and then attempt to write the data in the .XMP files directly to the RAW file so I can then import them into Aperture, it does not seem to be working.  In an earlier version of Houdahgeo, I had no problem with this.  When I initially import the .CR2 files, Houdahgeo only shows that there is info. present for Altitude.  It does not show the files as being geotagged. 

I would really appreciate your help in getting this resolved.  

Thanks -

Dudley Warner
0 0
houdah
Hi!

XMP sidecar files take precedence over the actual image files. When HoudahGeo finds an XMP sidecar, it will read from and write to that file. The image file will remain untouched.

If you want HoudahGeo to write to the image file, you need to move the sidecar out of the way.

Have you tried HoudahGeo 2.4.4? It fixes an issue where latitude and longitude written by some third party applications could not be read. Your photos should now show up as being already geocoded.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
dewarner
The upgrade fixed the problem.  Now all the data shows, and I can move the .XMP files out of the directory to get the data written directly to the RAW files prior to import to Aperture 3.

Thanks.

0 0
pixelmixture
an option should be available to force write the GPS datas to the file ... 
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

I wonder if this wouldn't completely void the purpose of using sidecars.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0